Monday, September 27, 2010

Hello world- post numero uno.

This is my first post.  I crafted with Courtney and made the following.  I like it, primarily because I like to overuse pastels.  I also LOVE the tag, which I wasn't originally planning on making.  I'm not really sure to whom you send a card like this... it's kind of an, I am woman, hear me roar type thing, which I find inspiring, but seems a little imposing to actually sent to someone, no?  I mean, if someone's having a rough time, you can't really send them a card that says, bring on the rain, I have an umbrella, because if you're going through the trouble to send them a card, chances are they're not skating through.  that being said, I've never been particularly skilled at TLC, so I guess a buck-up card is right down my alley.  Plus, the pastels at least give it an illusion of being sweet, no?


I did this for challenges, obviously.  These ones:

My Pink Stamper-Bird
2sketches4you- Sketch
weememories- Challenge number 24- Tag
Cuttlebug challenge- Bows and buttons
Off the wall craftiness- color challenge (pink, yellow, green, blue)

12 comments:

  1. I love it!!! ... well, of course I do! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Cuttlebug Challenge! Yay for your first blog post, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging, and how fortunate you are to have a crafting buddy like Court! I love your card! If I were going through a rough time, I think I would be encouraged by a pretty card like that with an uplifting message to remind me that there are better days ahead, and I do have the strength to open an umbrella! Thanks for being part of our Cuttlebug Challenge this week, and we hope to see you often!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Great card and tag!! :) :) :) thanks for playing with us at OTWC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and tag! Thanks for joining us at OTWC and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are `fabulous` love the colours!!!!
    Thanks for joining in with the cuttlebug challenge

    Terrie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great projects!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Christy!! These are so sweet! Love that bird! :) Thanks for playing and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice bird! Congrats on your first post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a beautiful set :)
    Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete